Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
- RT @EMA_News: One week left to comment on our draft inventory of paediatric therapeutic needs in #oncology: bit.ly/1nZn1CC #consult… 2 days ago
- Global medicines spend to reach $1.3trn by 2018 buff.ly/1F8jWnW #pharma 2 days ago
- US proposes tighter rules on clinical trial reporting buff.ly/1xT8Tf4 #pharma 2 days ago
- RT @PMLiVEcom: Sanofi plans 18 new product launches by 2020 bit.ly/1xW1j4l #pharma 3 days ago
- Amgen's Tom Lillie: Electronic health records can make a new model of clinical trials possible #ABPIconf 3 days ago
- Online life sciences mapping tool launched November 21, 2014
- Merck Serono brings electronic MS device to six more countries November 19, 2014
- UK unveils digital health strategy November 17, 2014
- Novo's ‘virtual mannequins’ win digital award at PMEA November 14, 2014
- Novo taps behavioural change for diabetes programme’s re-launch November 12, 2014
- European Commission forms €2.5bn big data partnership November 11, 2014