Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- EFPIA promotes pharma's contribution to Europe October 27, 2014
- Facebook: mobile is not a technology, it's a consumer behaviour October 24, 2014
- EMA expands adverse event reporting website October 15, 2014
- US approval for Philips' telehealth applications October 14, 2014
- AZ launches breast cancer photo-sharing campaign October 8, 2014
- Facebook 'considering' new online health communities and apps October 6, 2014
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
- RT @Steveology: Facebook Drives 25% of All Social Referral Traffic Online bit.ly/1tVuGn6 #SocialMedia 9 hours ago
- RT @CharlieBeckett: V honest attempt by @ggreenwald & team to report on the cultural & ethical clashes within First Look Media https://t.co… 9 hours ago
- RT @FastCompany: Holy branding! #Infographic: The evolution of the Batman logo f-st.co/SoXklts 11 hours ago
- Charity demands action on cancer drug prices in UK buff.ly/1q2MAhz #pharma 13 hours ago
- Controversial pancreatic cancer campaign wins award buff.ly/13jzxDv #pharma #hcmktg 14 hours ago