Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Apple unveils health-tracking watch September 9, 2014
- Smartphone and social media adverse event project launched September 8, 2014
- Apple poised to ‘revolutionise’ mHealth September 8, 2014
- AZ launches DoctorsNotes online medical literature tool August 26, 2014
- How can pharma meet the need for new diabetes drugs in cash-strapped healthcare markets? August 19, 2014
- Actelion partners with PatientsLikeMe on blood cancer research August 6, 2014
- Avastin safe in eye disease, says Cochrane buff.ly/1m5nfY1 #pharma 15 hours ago
- EC slammed for moving industry oversight from health to industrial directorate buff.ly/1m5mKNs #pharma 16 hours ago
- Lilly closes on new Cyramza indication - regulatory submissions expected first half of 2015 buff.ly/1s389V9 #pharma 17 hours ago
- Scottish independence 'would weaken' UK life sciences sector buff.ly/1m5mzla #pharma #indyref 18 hours ago
- RT @QiCProgramme: Final chance to vote for the #QiCDiabetes People's Award and Outstanding Educator bit.ly/1qx5egI #ourd #gbdoc 3 days ago
Subscribe via RSS
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.