Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Number of healthcare professionals on Twitter tops 75,000 April 22, 2014
- European Commission launches mHealth consultation April 14, 2014
- Google Glass enters Parkinson's trials April 14, 2014
- eHealth not up to speed in Europe April 6, 2014
- Lilly launches online training to boost patient voice in HTA March 25, 2014
- AstraZeneca to develop mHealth cardiovascular services March 21, 2014
- Tuberculosis: treatment, prevention and #pharma pipelines buff.ly/1jMe9sF 3 hours ago
- Study highlights value of internet for doctors in Eastern Europe buff.ly/1jMbWgS #pharma #hcsmeu 5 hours ago
- NICE backs Boerhinger and Janssen cancer drugs buff.ly/1f3nzCQ #pharma #heor 6 hours ago
- Pfizer set to file Xeljanz for psoriasis buff.ly/1jMbCid #pharma 9 hours ago
- Valeant offers $45.7bn for Botox firm Allergan #pharma 13 hours ago
Subscribe via RSS
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.