Archive for category YouTube
To describe the growth of the internet in India as explosive probably downplays the rate of change taking place.
Every second three more Indians come online for the first time, adding another 10,000 people every hour to the country’s online user base.
So it’s no surprise that internet firms – particularly those of a social nature – are working hard to overcome barriers to access that range from low-powered phones to 2G connections to very little data. Read the rest of this entry »
Last week I happened upon a live performance by the London Contemporary Orchestra of Steve Reich’s hypnotic and moving Different Trains.
Broadcast via Facebook Live from Edge Hill station in Liverpool, the stream – which can be viewed at the end of this post – attracted around 1,800 viewers from around the world, and has so far been viewed over 143,000 times. Read the rest of this entry »
If you have siblings/children/grandchildren of a certain age then you *might* have heard of Minecraft, which earlier this month extended its hold on popular culture with the launch of its own Lego range.
Videos of the blocky computer game form a massively popular sub-genre on YouTube – having been watched 47 billion times and counting – and it’s this sort of shift in media consumption that a new Ofcom report takes aim at. Read the rest of this entry »
Bringing new meaning to content overload British Pathé recently uploaded its entire archive of historic news real footage, some 85,000 films in total, to YouTube.
The move last month proved a boon to the local UK press (with plenty of variations on this ‘historic Sutton Coldfield videos‘ story appearing), not to mention students of everything from the Cold War to the British Invasion. Read the rest of this entry »
You are currently browsing the archives for the YouTube category.
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharma and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Sanofi launches French eHealth laboratory 39BIS December 12, 2017
- New alliance launches to usher digital therapeutics into the mainstream December 11, 2017
- MSD outlines its AI needs in tech start-up programme December 6, 2017
- Akili to submit video game ADHD treatment for US approval in 2018 December 4, 2017
- Roche offers diabetes digital health programme to UK patients December 1, 2017
- J&J launches digital skincare challenge November 30, 2017
- The 3D-printed ‘living’ tattoo that could enable next generation wearable sensors
- Digital music roundup: Alphabet funding for United Masters, Musical.ly sold and Pandora suffers
- Building trust to defeat fake news
- Looking into our online lives with The Glass Room
- Mapping social media’s ‘conversational networks’, the Conversation Prism gets an update