Archive for category YouTube
To describe the growth of the internet in India as explosive probably downplays the rate of change taking place.
Every second three more Indians come online for the first time, adding another 10,000 people every hour to the country’s online user base.
So it’s no surprise that internet firms – particularly those of a social nature – are working hard to overcome barriers to access that range from low-powered phones to 2G connections to very little data. Read the rest of this entry »
Last week I happened upon a live performance by the London Contemporary Orchestra of Steve Reich’s hypnotic and moving Different Trains.
Broadcast via Facebook Live from Edge Hill station in Liverpool, the stream – which can be viewed at the end of this post – attracted around 1,800 viewers from around the world, and has so far been viewed over 143,000 times. Read the rest of this entry »
If you have siblings/children/grandchildren of a certain age then you *might* have heard of Minecraft, which earlier this month extended its hold on popular culture with the launch of its own Lego range.
Videos of the blocky computer game form a massively popular sub-genre on YouTube – having been watched 47 billion times and counting – and it’s this sort of shift in media consumption that a new Ofcom report takes aim at. Read the rest of this entry »
Bringing new meaning to content overload British Pathé recently uploaded its entire archive of historic news real footage, some 85,000 films in total, to YouTube.
The move last month proved a boon to the local UK press (with plenty of variations on this ‘historic Sutton Coldfield videos‘ story appearing), not to mention students of everything from the Cold War to the British Invasion. Read the rest of this entry »
You are currently browsing the archives for the YouTube category.
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharma and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Teva launches asthma social media campaign April 26, 2017
- Snapchat arrives at scientific meetings April 3, 2017
- Danish Medicines Agency urges caution on health app use March 31, 2017
- LEO Innovation Lab picks next health tech startups to support March 29, 2017
- EMA establishes big data taskforce March 28, 2017
- Sanofi to develop a mobile app for insulin patients March 16, 2017