Posts Tagged fake news
Every day some 50,000 web pages come online, offering a smorgasbord of information to consume, but when it comes to news do people really want to know what’s behind the stories they read online?
The Trust Project is hoping they do and recently launched digital standards to show things like who wrote a story, whether it’s news or opinion and who owns the site publishing it.
The Project, a consortia that includes the likes of The Economist, The Washington Post and 75 other news organisations, as well as online giants like Google and Facebook, hope it will raise the profile of quality journalism. Read the rest of this entry »
It’s not social media anymore, it’s ‘high-impact eyewitness media’.
That’s according to the Associated Press (AP), which earlier this month outlined how it would augment its newswire services with user-generated social media content.
The AP Social Newswire will provide a feed of social media posts that have been vetted and verified by AP editors, adding a new element to the collaboration it’s had since 2015 with social media monitoring platform SAM, in which it’s also takend an equity stake. Read the rest of this entry »
In a year whose disappointments have ranged from the political to the musical it turns out 2016 has at least one more reason to be less cheerful, and it comes from the unlikely quarter of the Oxford Dictionary.
The lexicographers earlier this month pronounced ‘post-truth’ to be their word of the year, thanks to its spike in use during the UK’s referendum on leaving the EU and the US presidential election. Read the rest of this entry »
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharma and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Sanofi launches French eHealth laboratory 39BIS December 12, 2017
- New alliance launches to usher digital therapeutics into the mainstream December 11, 2017
- MSD outlines its AI needs in tech start-up programme December 6, 2017
- Akili to submit video game ADHD treatment for US approval in 2018 December 4, 2017
- Roche offers diabetes digital health programme to UK patients December 1, 2017
- J&J launches digital skincare challenge November 30, 2017
- The 3D-printed ‘living’ tattoo that could enable next generation wearable sensors
- Digital music roundup: Alphabet funding for United Masters, Musical.ly sold and Pandora suffers
- Building trust to defeat fake news
- Looking into our online lives with The Glass Room
- Mapping social media’s ‘conversational networks’, the Conversation Prism gets an update