Posts Tagged fake news
Every day some 50,000 web pages come online, offering a smorgasbord of information to consume, but when it comes to news do people really want to know what’s behind the stories they read online?
The Trust Project is hoping they do and recently launched digital standards to show things like who wrote a story, whether it’s news or opinion and who owns the site publishing it.
The Project, a consortia that includes the likes of The Economist, The Washington Post and 75 other news organisations, as well as online giants like Google and Facebook, hope it will raise the profile of quality journalism. Read the rest of this entry »
It’s not social media anymore, it’s ‘high-impact eyewitness media’.
That’s according to the Associated Press (AP), which earlier this month outlined how it would augment its newswire services with user-generated social media content.
The AP Social Newswire will provide a feed of social media posts that have been vetted and verified by AP editors, adding a new element to the collaboration it’s had since 2015 with social media monitoring platform SAM, in which it’s also takend an equity stake. Read the rest of this entry »
In a year whose disappointments have ranged from the political to the musical it turns out 2016 has at least one more reason to be less cheerful, and it comes from the unlikely quarter of the Oxford Dictionary.
The lexicographers earlier this month pronounced ‘post-truth’ to be their word of the year, thanks to its spike in use during the UK’s referendum on leaving the EU and the US presidential election. Read the rest of this entry »
Subscribe via RSS
- Millennial make their own language for digital communication
- The antimicrobial resistance threat and the potential of the human microbiome
- How much ‘screen time’ should kids have? (And is social media bad for their health?)
- Reuters launches publishing ‘community’
- Digital Music roundup: Facebook, Napster, SoundCloud, streaming music growth
- Hitting the local national nature reserve for a lunchtime walk #workingfromhome #nature #freshairDelighted to have joined Paul Tunnah and the team at pharmaphorum today as Creative Director for their healthcare content consultancy arm pharmaphorum connect #pharmaGreat music (but the video’s all over the place), Arun Ghosh at The Jazz CafeSaid goodbye to the lovely people at PMGroup today, ahead of starting something new and exciting on MondayThanks Bayer UK for the Baylab tour. Great way to change kids’ perceptions of science (not least with >2,500 through the doors in the first year) #science #scienceteacher #schoolscience #learning @bayerofficial @bayerbaylabsNHS England’s Peter Huskinson at IQVIA’s UK Market Access Summit: We’re moving into a new era of how we work with #pharma
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Bayer looks to leverage AI across the pharma value chain March 21, 2018
- Investing in digital could 'unlock £22bn' for UK pharma March 15, 2018
- 'Femtech' poised to explode, with applications set to trigger healthcare disruption March 9, 2018
- BenevolentAI claims AI first with new Cambridge facility March 8, 2018
- Diagnostics firm Diaceutics signs AI collaboration with Lenovo and Intel March 7, 2018
- Otsuka rewards digital health startup NeuroFlow March 7, 2018