Posts Tagged Journalism
It’s not social media anymore, it’s ‘high-impact eyewitness media’.
That’s according to the Associated Press (AP), which earlier this month outlined how it would augment its newswire services with user-generated social media content.
The AP Social Newswire will provide a feed of social media posts that have been vetted and verified by AP editors, adding a new element to the collaboration it’s had since 2015 with social media monitoring platform SAM, in which it’s also takend an equity stake. Read the rest of this entry »
You can now see what the BBC teaches its journalists thanks to the Corporation’s recent decision to offer free global access to the BBC Academy College of Journalism website.
Previously only freely available within the UK, the site offers pointers on developing a social media strategy, online journalism tips and how-to guides on things like smartphone journalism: Read the rest of this entry »
Deciding there’s no harm in preaching to the choir Twitter last week made a push to get more journalists to use its service.
At this stage of Twitter’s growth it’s unlikely to win over those unconvinced of its merits, but it still stands as a useful primer to those starting out and as a revision guide for more seasoned hands. Read the rest of this entry »
Facebook wants more journalists to use its social network and has put together a guide explaining how they can get started.
Whether it can lure journalists away Twitter with the offer of sharing ‘best practices’ is unlikely, but Facebook has a rather more direct hook up its sleeve.
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharma and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Janssen develops digital tools to help automate clinical trials October 17, 2017
- FDA approves new robotic surgery device October 17, 2017
- Roche and J&J picked for ‘revolutionary’ digital health pilot October 9, 2017
- Bayer picks digital firms for open innovation support October 9, 2017
- FDA approves Medtronic's tablet-controlled pain device September 20, 2017
- Almirall looks to crowdsource new skin health treatments September 18, 2017