Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
- Boehringer buys into oncolytic viruses via €210m ViraTherapeutics deal buff.ly/2cDzMhj #pharma 2 minutes ago
- Healthcare confidence dominictyer.wordpress.com/2016/09/28/hea… https://t.co/vInOrUME0y 15 hours ago
- Blackberry stops designing its own phones buff.ly/2cL3oMM https://t.co/8fBW02ZT8b 16 hours ago
- NICE backs Bayer’s Eylea as first-line BRVO treatment buff.ly/2cVIiJj #pharma #HEOR 17 hours ago
- Sandoz seeks mobile-enabled health access solutions buff.ly/2cLb2qu #pharma #mHealth https://t.co/9oYHqjlgSg 18 hours ago
- Sandoz seeks mobile-enabled health access solutions September 28, 2016
- Pfizer launches app to help patients manage depression September 14, 2016
- Summit takes clinical trial participant search online September 13, 2016
- UK to establish a digital academy for healthcare professionals September 12, 2016
- Apps as medical devices - UK regulator updates its guidance August 26, 2016
- FDA approves Lilly-backed Bluetooth insulin device August 22, 2016