Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
- This 3D-printed connected cast brings medical casts into the future buff.ly/1MCflR7 3 days ago
- Humira gains EU licence first for Hidradenitis Suppurativa buff.ly/1IupGrc #pharma 3 days ago
- BMS signs Opdivo combination pact with Kyowa Hakko Kirin buff.ly/1DW6QIG #pharma 3 days ago
- European approval for Roche’s next-gen breast cancer drug buff.ly/1JVUtON #pharma 3 days ago
- RT @nickblunden: Introducing The World if, a new supplement from @TheEconomist that explores the scenarios that could shape the future http… 4 days ago
- Lilly brings Glucagon app to Android devices July 30, 2015
- AstraZeneca forms 'smart inhaler' digital health partnership July 24, 2015
- UK patients offered app to report adverse reactions July 20, 2015
- FDA teams up with PatientsLikeMe for patient data project July 7, 2015
- Boehringer's ASCO blog picks up digital excellence award July 5, 2015
- Novartis launches Apple Watch app for the visually impaired June 30, 2015