Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
- MSD launches preventative healthcare accelerator buff.ly/1OUZKNQ #pharma 4 hours ago
- Apple Acquires Perceptio, An Artificial Intelligence Startup buff.ly/1RrSuaw 5 hours ago
- Novartis signs $500m immuno-oncology deal buff.ly/1LfkNrM #pharma 6 hours ago
- Merck gets lung cancer OK for Keytruda in US buff.ly/1LfkOfz #pharma 7 hours ago
- Clock ticking on biosimilar Enbrel in US buff.ly/1OiWzPP #pharma #biosimilars 8 hours ago
- Social network for doctors SERMO launches Spanish version October 5, 2015
- MSD launches preventative healthcare accelerator October 4, 2015
- IBM teams up with Teva for global eHealth collaboration October 2, 2015
- Google to expand its health information role September 24, 2015
- LEO Pharma invests in skin cancer detection mobile app firm September 8, 2015
- Sanofi and Google partner on digital health in diabetes September 1, 2015