Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
- .@JustHealthComms launches new business venture Just//works buff.ly/1CHErsl #pharma #medcomms 18 hours ago
- Open health data network launches in US buff.ly/1C1MtqU #pharma #HealthData 19 hours ago
- Novartis cancer pill makes it onto UK early access list buff.ly/1HhiEaP #pharma #heor 1 day ago
- Teva starts M&A push with $3.5bn Auspex buy buff.ly/1aeBvZy #pharma 1 day ago
- US sets five-year target to tackle antibiotic resistance buff.ly/1GICA8a #pharma 1 day ago
- NHS to expand video and email consultation pilots March 31, 2015
- Leo Pharma sets out its social media principles March 26, 2015
- UCB plans epilepsy 'hackathon' to develop new digital tools March 13, 2015
- FDA launches drug shortages mobile app March 5, 2015
- Sanofi joins WHO-backed diabetes mHealth programme February 27, 2015
- Eisai adds online patient stories to Belviq marketing February 26, 2015