Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
- RT @daniel_kraft: She picked the right guy to be sitting next to :-) At 96, Heimlich performs his own maneuver #healthcarehero https://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @Alex__Butler: Opinions on what's next for wearable tech sco.lt/724m01 #mHealth #digitalhealth 1 day ago
- All scientific papers to be free by 2020 under EU proposals gu.com/p/4jzz8?CMP=Sh… 2 days ago
- RT @ProteusCEO: US v UK: A transatlantic infographic on two healthcare systems via @FT Looking forward to #FTDigHealth Summit https://t.co… 2 days ago
- Nearly half of U.S. adults get news on Facebook, Pew says buff.ly/22roUaE 2 days ago
- Medtronic and Qualcomm to work on new diabetes sensors May 27, 2016
- Vectura to develop digitally-connected inhalers May 25, 2016
- Merck holds global 'tweet-a-thon' on World MS Day May 25, 2016
- Otsuka joins its Japanese peers on Twitter May 25, 2016
- Ferring signs telemedicine collaboration with Danish hospital May 23, 2016
- Merck agrees African digital cooperation deal May 22, 2016