Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
- Dominic Tyer is an editor and journalist specialising in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, healthcare and digital media.
Subscribe via RSS
- Novartis drug works in secondary progressive MS buff.ly/2blzFGV #pharma 10 hours ago
- Takeda said to be starting shutdown of Cambridge, UK unit buff.ly/2bLwj3w #pharma 12 hours ago
- Surging sales of Lundbeck's CNS drugs assist recovery buff.ly/2c14RQ5 #pharma 13 hours ago
- Apps as medical devices - UK regulator updates its guidance buff.ly/2bu1XAJ #pharma #mHealth https://t.co/y2w12WIxgw 14 hours ago
- AbbVie's venetoclax set for early access in UK buff.ly/2bCzQ3W #pharma #heor 15 hours ago
- Apps as medical devices - UK regulator updates its guidance August 26, 2016
- FDA approves Lilly-backed Bluetooth insulin device August 22, 2016
- AstraZeneca adds cardiovascular resources to online diabetes programme August 15, 2016
- Fitbit eyes pharma partnerships with digital health hire August 12, 2016
- Astellas launches digital health investment company August 8, 2016
- Wearables' impact on cancer patients' quality of life to be tested July 25, 2016