Posts Tagged Wikipedia’s Strategic Plan
Twitter has decided that while a thriving eco-system of third party apps may have done wonders for the uptake of its service, there comes a point when putting the upstarts in their place is necessary.
The first to suffer from the company’s harder line was UberMedia, which controls 20% of all tweets through a stable of mobile apps that includes Tweetdeck, Echofon, UberTwitter and Twidroyd. It was the last two of these that incurred Twitter’s wrath and lost access to the service for four days.
They returned after a short blackout last weekend (with UberTwitter now the brand name-respecting UberSocial), but UberMedia’s UberCurrent app remains offline. Clearly a sign of things to come, just days later the TwapperKeeper app (whose name begs the question: when do the prizes for awful app names get given out) cut a number of features to remain in Twitter’s good graces after the service ‘requested’ some changes. Read the rest of this entry »
Dominic Tyer is an editor and writer specialising in the pharma, biotech and health sectors, as well as their use of digital technology.
Subscribe via RSS
- Getting digitally sick about pharma and digital health
- Digital Music roundup: Spotify IPO, Google and artists, iHeart Radio, Apple iTunes and Shazam deal
- Millennial make their own language for digital communication
- The antimicrobial resistance threat and the potential of the human microbiome
- How much ‘screen time’ should kids have? (And is social media bad for their health?)
- Even for Instagram? #londonunderground #londonundergroundphotography #mobiledevice #thetube #warning #posterIn the latest issue of pharmaphorum’s digital magazine Deep Dive - expert advice on how to define patient centricity, build trust and develop strong relationships that will ensure patients become partners, to the benefit of all stakeholders http://deep-dive.pharmaphorum.com/deep-dive-patient-centricity-2/cover #pharmaTime for the sunWhen you pack scarf, gloves but not sun cream 🌝 #englishweatherLondon may never be finished, but it’s still a magnificent view #London #londoneye #skyline #londonskyline #parliament #bigben #housesofparliamentStick ‘em up
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets